STC Twenty One Limited has a requirement for a Mechanical Design & Certification Engineer with experience in Part 21 J. The Mechanical Design & Certification Engineer will be working on multiple large projects for one of the most active DOAs in Europe.
The projects STC Twenty One Ltd work on can vary from installation of a fire extinguisher to full cabin refits on the largest of aircraft, this makes for an exciting challenge as no one day is the same.
The successful Mechanical Design & Certification Engineer will get the opportunity to visit various countries where our customers are based and gain hands-on experience as well as the ability to build stronger relationships.
- Compiling technical reports for various projects on both aircraft and rotorcraft.
- Review third party substantiation data on those projects.
- Manage aircraft design modifications, attend design configuration board meetings and interfacing with the customer as needed.
- Support repair or related quality issues per engineering process, support root cause analysis and corrective action implementation to reduce warranty issue, rework and product return.
- Research, analyse and create engineering specifications, perform design engineering using AutoCAD, digital surfacing, drawing creation, reverse engineering, component selection, and design modification.
- To provide onsite support and conduct aircraft surveys.
- Bachelor’s in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical, Stress, Structural or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience as a Mechanical Design Engineer, Stress Engineer or Structural Engineer within OEM, aerospace or other highly regulated industries
- Knowledge of EASA, UK CAA and FAA regulations would be advantageous.
- Proficient user of AutoCAD software.
- Experience working to tight deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skill, strong in analytical skill and critical thinking skill, innovative and outside of box thinker.
- Being open to travelling worldwide, sometimes at short notice, is a must.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary.
- Paid holidays, including Christmas shutdown.
- Travel expenses.
- Exposure to multiples avenues of training programs and courses.
- Private Healthcare.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position then please don’t hesitate in contacting Gareth Chapman on firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.